Donate to a Local Charity
Allegheny Land Trust
To serve as the lead land trust conserving and stewarding lands that support the scenic, recreational and environmental well-being of communities in Allegheny County and its environs.
Programs and Services
- ALT permanently protects land meeting ALT's GREENPRINT criteria of ecological, water and scenic conservation values by purchase and receiving donation of fee simple or easement interests.
- ALT permanently protects land specifically in urban environments measured by criteria and standards relevant to the community's needs such as stormwater absorption, recreational opportunities, community involvment, greenway connections and property value increases.
- ALT manages the perpetual maintenance of ALT's protected lands through the creation and implementation of property management plans, annual observations and monitoring of each property, policy creation for enhanced visitor experience, educational opportunities and volunteer management.
- ALT expands strategic outreach efforts through education and awareness of ALT goals, objectives and public benefits of land conservation to specific target audiences.
- ALT inspires organizational and financial sustainability through positive collaborations with strategic partners while being recognized as a local and national leader in land conservation.
Primary Revenue Sources
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual Fall Fundraiser
|Federal Tax ID||25-1718611|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.