Donate to a Local Charity
American Cancer Society
To eliminate cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from the disease through research, education, advocacy, and service.
Programs and Services
- The American Cancer Society's mission is to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer.
- The American Cancer Society is the leading organization in funding cures for cancer through research, providing services to patients in their cancer journey and celebrating lives saved from cancer.
- Provides a 24 hour/7 day a week resource for people searching for cancer information and community resources through cancer.org and 1-800-227-2345.
- Tobacco Control
- Physical fitness and nutrition
- Screening programs for the uninsured and underinsured
- Employer services
- Day to Day practical services for patients including: Access to care through transportation and lodging services; Patient support through peer counseling; Wigs, hats and turbans at no cost; Look Good...Feel Better support programs; Clinical trial matching service; Patient Navigation; Health Insurance Assistance.
- Washington Office: 331 South Main Street, Suite 108, Washington, PA 15301
Primary Revenue Sources
private gifts, corporate gifts
Primary Fundraising Event
Relay For Life, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
|Federal Tax ID||13-1788491|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.