Donate to a Local Charity
American National Red Cross
The American National Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Programs and Services
- Since its founding in 1881, the American Red Cross has been the nation’s premier emergency response organization. The Red Cross offers neutral humanitarian care to victims of war, we distinguishes ourselves by also aiding victims of natural disasters. Over the years, the organization has expanded its services, always in line with our mission of preventing and alleviating human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
- Today, in addition to disaster relief due to home fires, floods, tornados, hurricanes, wild fires, and other events, the Red Cross offers compassionate services in five other areas: Disaster client assistance; support and comfort for military members and their families; the collection, processing, and distribution of lifesaving blood and blood products; educational programs that promote health and safety; and international relief and development programs.
- In Southwestern Pennsylvania Disaster Strike everyday. Currently, we respond to a disaster every 29 hours locally. The need for these services is, unfortunately, unending and increasing in nature. Reported disasters have increased globally nearly 70 percent over the last 20 years. Many are single family disasters, such as house fires. Red Cross assistance helps people meet disaster-caused needs for immediate short-term housing, clothing, food, necessary medical items and emotion support.
- The Southwestern Pennsylvania chapter serves the more than 1.6 million people in throughout the region. The Chapter provides relief to the victims of more than 360 disasters each year, facilitates almost 500 emergency messages between our deployed service members and their loved ones, as well as trains more than 20,000 individuals in vital lifesaving skills.
- The American Red Cross Southwestern Pennsylvania Chapter provides vital services to our community, our military familes, and those who have experienced tragedy 365 days a year. We are able to provide these services thanks to hundreds of dedicated volunteers and the generosity of our donors. We are proud to say that we invest an average of 91 cents of every dollar into humanitarian services and programs. The Red Cross is here when you need us most,turning tragedy into hope.
Primary Revenue Sources
Corporate, Foundation, and Individual Charitable Gifts
Primary Fundraising Event
Disaster Relief Fundraising Efforts
|Federal Tax ID||53-0196605|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.