Donate to a Local Charity
Avella Area Community Association
The Avella Area Community Association was established in 2001 and incorporated in 2010 with the mission of providing a platform to help the community grow and prosper in a way that will be pleasing to the residents as well as new people wanting to live in small town America.
Programs and Services
- Saved from destruction, and in process of preservation/restoration of historic Lincoln National Bank, toward eventually providing a small business incubator for the community, including much "sweat equity" along with funds raised (Now in interior design phase) NOTE: Net Assets reflect the purchased value of the Lincoln National Bank Building, Purchased Marble, Christmas lighting, etc.
- Repairs to Avella Arena, sponsor and funder of Avella Community Day (currently suspended), free Thanksgiving Dinner for community, provide volunteer hours opportunities for local students, Cooperate with other community organization for fund-raising
- Annual Historic photos and Community events calendars (currently suspended) Purchase, upkeep and annual installation of community Christmas Lighting fixtures and fund cost of electricity, local business fair (currently suspended)
- Community service, including support Avella Food Pantry and organize area clean-ups, also clean-up and preservation of historic but neglected Doddridge and Wells Cemeteries, Cooperate with other community organizations
- Note: The historic Lincoln National Bank building of Avella, a Neo-Classic style building, had been featured on the Preservation Pennsylvania list of "At Risk" structures, but its status has changed to "Positive Outcome" (Now in interior design phase) www.preservationpa.org/paatrisk.asp?county=Washington
Primary Revenue Sources
Grants, fund-raisers, donations, sale of community calendars, BonTon Community Day, Kroger Community support program
Primary Fundraising Event
Events at Avella Arena, incl. wrestling tournament, occasional Truck & Tractor Pulls and Bull Riding events, Golf tournament
|Federal Tax ID||27-2800080|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.