Donate to a Local Charity
Helping the people of Western Pennsylvania achieve and maintain optimal lung health and improve quality of life through prevention, education/training, direct services, research and advocacy.
Programs and Services
- Direct Lung Education: Breathe Pennsylvania provides lung disease education with a focus on asthma and COPD management to individuals with the goal of educating them about their disease and improving their quality of life.
- Patient Assistance: As part of our commitment to helping people with lung disease, Breathe Pennsylvania offers a patient assistance program for respiratory patients with an immediate need for medication, pulmonary rehabilitation or an air-conditioned environment.
- School Asthma Initiative (SAI): Breathe Pennsylvania’s School Asthma Initiative (SAI) is a comprehensive asthma management program designed to use a multi-pronged approach to build a school-wide support system for students with asthma. This initiative provides programs for Parents/Caregivers, School Personnel, Early Learning Practitioners, Professional Student Training.
- Smokeless Saturday/Tobacco Cessation: Smokeless Saturday is a teen education and cessation program for students found with tobacco on school grounds. It offers an alternative to suspension and fines to those students violating school tobacco policies.
- Tuberculosis Education: Since 1904, Breathe Pennsylvania has promoted the fight against tuberculosis (TB). Although the organization’s name and mission has evolved to include the prevention of all lung disease, we continue to pioneer TB programs and services. Today, Breathe Pennsylvania offers public and professional TB education materials; training; and financial support for TB services and research.
Primary Revenue Sources
Public and Private Support
Primary Fundraising Event
|Federal Tax ID||25-0965587|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.