Donate to a Local Charity
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh "Washington County Outreach"
Catholic Charities is the primary social service agency of the Diocese of Pittsburgh, serving all, regardless of religious affiliation, at their time of great need.
Programs and Services
- Catholic Charities provides a number of social services to the poor and needy including counseling, pregnancy and parenting support, foster care, refugee resettlement, financial assistance for basic needs, housing assistance, elderly services, youth programs, homeless shelters, and other health and human services.
- Catholic Charities serves all six counties of the Diocese of Pittsburgh and last year performed 403,232 acts of service. In Washington and Greene Counties, the following programs, services, and resources are available to Washington and Greene County residents regardless of religious affiliation: Pregnancy and Parenting Support, Basic Needs Assistance, Counseling, Disaster Relief, and more.
- Pregnancy and parenting support includes prenatal education, supportive counseling and education for pregnant and parenting women, biological fathers and legal guardians, from pregnancy up to age two of the infant. Those in need can also obtain free baby care items and free pregnancy tests.
- The Washington and Greene County office also offers the following types of counseling: Adults—individual, couples, family, anger management. Parenting: for raising children through their teenage years. Co-parenting: working with parents to understand how divorce/separation affects children and how to help children adjust in a healthy way. Children and adolescents:addresses changes affecting their lives such as divorce, death, moving, and bullying.
- Basic Needs Assistance in Washington and Greene Counties includes limited financial assistance for utilities including assistance through Dollar Energy and CAP programs, food, and clothing.
- Catholic Charities' Washington and Greene County office also offers Working for Washington Program, which provides professional clothing to obtain or maintain employment, as well as a gasoline voucher for job interviews or within the first two weeks of a new job. Loving Hearts Holiday Tree: Holiday gifts for children ages 18 and younger. Community Referrals for food, clothing, housing, public assistance and other emergency needs not available through Catholic Charities’ Washington County.
Primary Revenue Sources
Individual donors, corporations, foundation grants, event sponsorships
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual Bishops Dinner
|Federal Tax ID|| 25-1326213|
|Title:||Director of Giving and Stewardship|
|Address:||212 Ninth Street|
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.