Donate to a Local Charity
Community Action Southwest
Community Action Southwest serves as the catalyst to mobilize the resources of the entire community to enable families and individuals in Southwestern Pennsylvania to attain the skills, knowledge, motivations and opportunities to become self-sufficient.
Programs and Services
- Early Childhood Services is comprised of federally and state funded preschool education programs, which are designed to comprehensively help low and moderate income families achieve greater levels of self-reliance, promote healthy growth and development and achieve school success.
- Early Head Start - Head Start - Pre-K Counts - Case Management
- Senior Services is a Greene County program that supports the aging population with an array of services designed to allow older adults to remain independent and age safely in place.
- Senior Centers - Care Management - Home Delivered Meals - Ombudsman Program
- Nutrition Services increases the probability of positive birth outcomes and improves the health of the participants during critical stages of growth and development.
- WIC (Women, Infants & Children) – Pregnant, postpartum or breastfeeding women, and children under the age of five are provided nutrition education, breastfeeding support, nutritious foods and referrals for healthcare and social services.
- Family Economic Success Services afford our clientele with the opportunity to gain employment, advance education and acquire assets in order to achieve greater levels of self-sufficiency.
- Adult Education - Assets for Independence - Job Development - Work-Based Learning Experiences - Computer Classes - Financial Capabilities Center - Getting Ahead - Home Ownership Center - Post Secondary Transitions - Resident Opportunity Self Sufficiency Program
- Try-Again Homes offers support services to children and families and provides safe and nurturing homes for children in need.
- Foster Care - Adoption - Truancy Prevention - After School Program - Case Management - Independent Living - Transitional Living - Family Preservation
Primary Revenue Sources
US Department of Health & Human Services; PA Department of Education; Washington County CYS
Primary Fundraising Event
Alvin C. Janovich Memorial Golf Outing
|Federal Tax ID||25-1153028|
|Address:||150 West Beau Street, Suite 304|
Washington, PA 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.