Donate to a Local Charity
Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern PA
The mission of Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern Pennsylvania is to increase awareness of domestic violence and its effect on the community, to empower those victimized by providing advocacy and safe and effective services, and to work for social change designed to eliminate domestic violence.
Programs and Services
- 24-Hour Hotline: We provide crisis counseling, safety planning, support, information, and referrals to victims of domestic violence, their family, friends, and assisting agencies.
- Emergency Shelter: Safe shelter for up to 30 days for victims of domestic violence and their children. Food, clothing, and personal care items as needed. 24-hour transportation with intake. Daily programs offered for children residing within our facility. One-on-one and group counseling activities.
- Empowerment Counseling and Support Group: Free individual and group counseling for anyone who is or has been directly involved in an abusive relationship.
- Legal Advocacy: We provide free and confidential court accompaniment, support, information, and advocacy as victims progress through the legal system. We provide assistance with completing and filing Protection From Abuse (PFA) Orders.
- Education and Training: Educational school programs are offered to all grade levels focusing on violence prevention. Presentations and trainings are also offered to local businesses, agencies, civic, and religious groups.
Primary Revenue Sources
Grants from the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence, The Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency, ESG/HUD & DPW-HAP/Washington County, United Way and through donations from area churches, businesses, organizations, clubs and private individuals
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual Peace Begins at Home dinner
|Federal Tax ID||25-1521327|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.