Donate to a Local Charity
In-Stride with Therapeutic Riding
To provide horseback riding activities to children and adults with physical, mental and emotional disabilities.
Programs and Services
- Changing lives one hoof beat at a time....That is what we do. We provide services to children and adults with physical, mental and emotional disabilities. Using horses, we are able to help these individuals. Our services include horseback riding, ground lessons, student to volunteer/working student, 4-H, accelerated camp and school outings. These services are available to any child age 2 and older, as well as adults.
- Our therapeutic riding program is tailored to each individuals abilities. We serve all levels of functioning individuals and try to make our lessons fun for everyone. Lessons are 30 minutes and cost $35/lesson. Students typically ride once a week. Our lessons are available on Wednesday and Thursday evening and all day Sundays. We also offer ground lessons to those students who wish to strengthen the bond with their horses.
- Our student volunteer program and working student program are geared toward preparing individuals to enter the work force. Students perform a variety of duties in these programs. The working student program strives to teach individuals what a working environment is like. Students sign in, they have assigned equipment and assigned work areas. They are evaluated on how well they stay on task and complete tasks. Students are rewarded with a free riding lesson after completing 10 hours of work.
- Our accelerated riding program and 4-H club is geared toward higher functioning individuals who would like to learn more riding skills. The accelerated riding program is a week long program in August that focuses on the care and commitment required for horse ownership. Students perform all necessary care for their assigned horse during this week.
- In-Stride strives to continue to provide outstanding service to our clients and has made a commitment to serve the disabled community. This year we are working on raising money to build a sensory trail for our students and money to purchase a permanent facility so that we may continue to add to the services we provide in the future.
Primary Revenue Sources
Self pay students/donations
Primary Fundraising Event
|Federal Tax ID||56-2592522|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.