Donate to a Local Charity
Raising awareness and funding for children and families affected by congenital heart disease (CHD) and those who help support them.
Programs and Services
- Jameson's Army was formed in honor of Jameson McKain, who was born with a heart condition known as Hypo plastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS).
- Jameson's Army strives to help the families at The Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC (CHP), The Children's Home and Lemieux Foundation, Your Child's Place and many other medical facilities and families touched by CHD in the Pittsburgh, PA and SWPA area.
- Jameson's Army holds many fundraisers annually to provide therapeutic heart pillows during recovery to heart patients, quarterly holiday meals to families and staff members, toy drives, fulfilling family and hospital wish lists as well as monthly food and item drops to the heart center at CHP. Although helping families touched by CHD is extremely important to us we are excited to spread CHD awareness anyway we can.
- Jameson’s Army is a non-profit organization raising awareness on Congenital Heart Disease (CHD). It was started in 2012 by Co-Founders, Danielle and Patrik McKain. Their son, Jameson, has battled CHD for the past 36 months. It was during a routine ultrasound when the McKain’s learned that their unborn son was missing the left side of his heart and through the love and support of family and friends, an army was formed in honor of Jameson and those living with CHD.
- The focus of Jameson’s Army is to support children and families affected by CHD and those who support them. Some of the benefits provided by the money raised include care package drops to the heart center at Children’s Hospital and delivering cough pillows to comfort patients after surgery and help in their road to recovery.
- CHD=NO CURE. Congenital Heart Disease (CHD) is just one of many heart diseases out there and is among one of the most common birth defects. CHD is a problem with the heart’s structure and function at birth. It can be detected during an ultrasound while a mother is pregnant with her unborn child. Having medical care ready during delivery can mean the difference between life and death for some babies. CHD Affects 1 in 9000 births.
Primary Revenue Sources
Fundraisers and Grants
Primary Fundraising Event
Golfing FORE Little Hearts Annual Golf Outing
|Federal Tax ID||45-4160616|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.