Donate to a Local Charity
Little Lake Theatre Company
Presentation of live theatre
Programs and Services
- Little Lake Theatre Company (LLT) is a community theatre with professional standards located in Canonsburg, PA. Since 1949, the company has presented over 1,000 productions, featuring over 1,500 actors (almost all community volunteers) at our theater buildings near Canonsburg Lake. In 2017, LLT will present 11 MainStage productions, 5 children's theatre productions (154 performances in total), along with 22 weeks of camp/classes for children and adults, and an Apprentice program for ages 13-18.
- MainStage productions are the core product of LLT, continuing a legacy of presenting a diverse series of plays every year since 1949. All LLT productions are performed in-the-round, with the audience sitting on all sides of the stage, lending an intimate feel to our productions. Each season offers a mix of dramas, comedies, classics, farces, and contemporary works, offering something for everyone.
- Children's theatre is LLT's other core product. Looking Glass Theatre offers 3 plays for young audiences based on popular children's books or fairy tales, introducing children to the world of theatre. Fall Family Matinees offer 2 weekend productions, pairing popular plays and musicals with traditional post-performance tea parties, which are a highlight of each family's experience at LLT. The company also takes theatre to local schools on an occasional basis through small touring productions.
- The Apprentice program is an integral part of our educational programs for young adults (ages 13-18). Apprentices receive training in acting and in technical theatre (sets, costumes, lighting, stage management, etc), serve as stage crew for MainStage productions, have the opportunity to act on the LLT stage, and attend educational workshops and field trips, further exposing them to the world of theatre.
- 2017 marks the first year that LLT will present Sensory friendly program, specifically designed for families with autism or other sensory disorders. Two children's theatre performances will be special Sensory friendly performances, and pre-performance materials will be provided for every children's theatre production. LLT believes that everyone should be able to experience the magic of theatre, and is proud to offer this new program in 2017.
Primary Revenue Sources
Ticket sales, concessions (dessert/appetizers/drinks), annual contributions from the community
Primary Fundraising Event
Our annual fundraising event for 2017 was Come Take a Bow on March 25, 2017.
|Federal Tax ID||25-1475251|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.