Donate to a Local Charity
Pennsylvania Elks Major Projects
The PA Home Service Program provides nurses/care coordinators who visit the homes of children and adults with developmental disabilities. Services are offered to PA residents of any age at no cost to the family, and can continue as long as needed. Over 4,000 families are currently receiving services.
Programs and Services
- A Registered Nurse provides free in-home services to children and adults with developmental disabilities living anywhere in Washington County. She helps the individual and their family/caretakers navigate the often-complicated human service and health care systems. She helps participants find out about and access the services and support they need to enhance their quality of life.
- The Elks Home Service Nurse supports each individual served to help improve their health and safety outcomes. She helps them with access to quality health care and adequate affordable health insurance benefits. She supports them to access the health care providers, medical equipment, supplies and assistive technology they need.
- She provides one-on-one health and safety teaching to help individuals remain as healthy as they can and reduce secondary medical complications.She can act as a liaison between health care providers and participants to help them understand their treatment and care.
- The Elks Home Service Nurse helps each individual receive the appropriate educational services and vocational support to help them live as independently as possible. Help with inclusion and integration into the community so that each participate can become active, participating members of the community where they live.
- Provides support to the family and caregivers of individuals with special needs.
Primary Revenue Sources
PA Elks State Association, PA Dept of Health, Elks National Foundation, PA Elks Legacy Trust Fund, private foundations
Primary Fundraising Event
Elks Lodges in Pennsylvania have fundraisers throughout the year
|Federal Tax ID||25-6084084|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.