Donate to a Local Charity
Pennsylvania Trolley Museum
Preserve and interpret the history and technology of street railways in Pennsylvania.
Programs and Services
- The mission of the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum is to communicate the story of Pennsylvania's Trolley Era to a diverse audience through the preservation, interpretation, and use of its collection of electric railway and railroad equipment, associated artifacts and photo/document archives, and to ensure that its visitors have an enjoyable and rewarding educational experience.
- Provides a living history interpretive experience to its visitors through exhibits, guided tours and actual rides on some of its beautifully restored streetcars.
- Provides educational programs from pre-school through college with age appropriate educational programs. Partners with "Tickets for Kids" to provide educational programs for at-risk and under-served populations. Also provides educational programs both on-site and off-side to community groups such as scouting, senior citizen groups and historical societies.
- Preserves rare streetcars, electric railway buildings, artifacts, documents and images which support its educational mission at its museum in Washington, PA.
- Engages over 150 people from the community who volunteer their services at the Museum. Also acts as a training site for special needs groups such as Pathways.
- Acts as an economic generator and heritage tourism attraction for the important travel and tourism industry in Washington County. Partners with like-minded heritage groups and the Washington County Tourism Promotion Agency to help make Washington County a major tourism destination.
- The overage of income over expenses is due to capital grants that will be spent in succeeding years.
Primary Revenue Sources
Admissions, foundation, corporate & public sector grants, individual donations
Primary Fundraising Event
Roast of prominent Washington County elected official held in April
|Federal Tax ID||25-6060314|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.