Donate to a Local Charity
The Pennsylvania State University “Washington County 4-H Forever Endowment”
As Pennsylvania’s land grant university, The Pennsylvania State University is committed to improving the lives of the people of Pennsylvania, the nation and the world through its integrated, tri-part mission of high-quality teaching, research and outreach. The University is an instrumentality of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Programs and Services
- The 4-H program helps young people become self-directed and develops leadership life skills. 4-H is a community of young people across America who are learning leadership, citizenship and life skills.
- Youth learn by participating in over 200 4-H projects and are active members of the community. Projects include: shooting sports, photography, robotics, wildlife, fishing, leadership, food and nutrition, entomology, woodworking, conservation, quilting, embryology to name a few.
- 4-H is a non-formal, volunteer-led program that uses research based learning to meet youth development objectives. 4-H empowers youth to reach their potential, working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
- Youth learn about citizenship and service learning for the community. 4-H members participate in community service projects at the club, county, and state level.This includes: Washington County 4-H Food Bank Drive, planting gardens to grow food which is donated to the local food bank, Christmas Caroling, making personal hygiene gift bags for the local nursing home patients, making scarves for children and youth, highway cleanup projects, visiting nursing homes to play bingo and other activities.
- Youth participate in many activities that development life skills. The activities include: Day Camp, Club Officer Training, Teen Leader Retreat, 4-H State Capital Days, National 4-H Congress, State 4-H Achievement Days, State 4-H Leadership Conference, 4-H Teen Council Leadership Development, 4-H Food Bank Drive, County 4-H Demonstration Night, 4-H Modeling Contest, Small Animal 4-H Show, 4-H club meetings, Ag Days at the Mall, and many other activities.
Primary Revenue Sources
4-H Platbook Sales, Fair Fund reimbursement, 4-H Benefit Auction, grants, donations, Silent Auction at Banquet, Unit Way donations, 4-H Clover Sale at Tractor Supply, Penny War, and 4-H Livestock Sale donations.
Primary Fundraising Event
4-H Platbook sales, 4-H Benefit Auction, Silent Auction at Banquet, United Way donations, 4-H Clover Sale at Tractor Supply, and 4-H Penny War.
|Federal Tax ID||24-6000376|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.