Donate to a Local Charity
United Way of Washington County
Our mission is to recruit and collaborate with people, organizations and businesses to identify critical local needs and raise funds annually to invest in the local programs and services that are addressing those needs and having a positive impact in Washington County. Particular attention is focused on programs addressing financial stability, education, health and emergency needs.
Programs and Services
- United Way is working to advance the common good by focusing oneducation, financial stability, and health. These are the building blocks for a good life: a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health.
- Helping children and youth achieve their potential through education;Improving access to quality, affordable learning opportunities; Partneringwith schools and parents to improve graduation rates; Providing afterschooland mentoring programs for at-risk youth.
- Helping families become financially stable and independent; Supportingbasic needs while increasing financial education; Helping hardworkingpeople obtain job training and family sustaining wages.
- Improving people's health; Increasing access to critical healthcare services; Reducing substance abuse, child abuse, and domestic violence; Increasing health, education, and preventive care.
- Our goal is to create long-lasting changes that prevent problems fromhappening in the first place. Together, united, we can inspire hope andcreate opportunities for a better tomorrow.
Primary Revenue Sources
Annual United Way Campaign
Primary Fundraising Event
Campaign Kickoff Golf Outing
|Federal Tax ID||25-6070133|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.