Donate to a Local Charity
Washington Area Humane Society
Care & prevention of cruelty to animals
Programs and Services
- Provide shelter, safety and food for the orphaned and abused animals of Washington County with the goal of placing them in loving homes. Provide public education about humane care and treatment of animals. Provide affordable veterinary outpatient services including spaying and neutering. Investigate and resolve abuse cases in the best interests of the animal and community.
- As a no-kill facility, the Washington Area Humane Society relies on adoptions of its homeless residents to make room for future residents. Those up for adoption, the adoption fee the family will pay includes up to date vaccinations, spay or neuter surgery, a microchip and if needed they will receive other surgery to improve their quality of life. We have room for dogs of all sizes, puppies, cats and kittens. We have two adoption programs, our Home Free Pass and our Pets for US Vets.
- Services offered to our community include participating with the Washington County Food Bank supplying dog and cat food to families in need and an outpatient vet clinic. Three times a year our vet clinic fee is waived and we hold Rabies and Vaccination clinics where our community only pays for the services for their dogs and cats that they may need.
- A valuable program is our Feral Cat, Trap/Neuter/Return (TNR) program. TNR has been proven as the only humane way to care for our feral cat community. Our Feral Cat program is offered at a low cost.
- Volunteers are an essential part of our success. Our volunteer program includes dog walking, cat cuddling, fostering and participating in all types of events. Everyone is invited to become a volunteer.
- The Washington Area Humane Society intake process includes dogs and cats accepted by the Animal Control Officer, those brought to us by their families who can no longer care for them, by good Samaritans as strays and those seized by our Humane Society Police Officer.
Primary Revenue Sources
Primary Fundraising Event
|Federal Tax ID||25-0995781|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.