Donate to a Local Charity
Washington Christian Outreach
Washington Christian Outreach provides assistance and services to the needy of our community.
Programs and Services
- Washington Christian Outreach is a 501c3 non-denominational faith based outreach soup kitchen and store. We serve a hot meal Monday - Friday. We accept all donations except furniture and electronics. Donations are recycled back to our recipients free of charge in our onsite store. A group of area pastors come everyday and preach a mini sermon We offer spiritual, emotional support and counseling from our director and pastors. We support the needy with a special interest in children.
- Washington Christian Outreach operates on a core staff of 20 volunteers Monday,Tuesday,Friday & 80 area church volunteers on Wednesday & Thursday. Nobody is paid not even the director. WCO is funded by three fund raisers (Purse Auction, 5K Labor Day Race, Christmas Palooza), donations from individuals, churches, businesses and grants. We serviced over 10,000 people, gave out over 37,000 pieces of clothing/household items, fed over 35,000 people and gave out 1,300 loaves of bread in 2015.
- Washington Christian Outreach sponsors programs for children throughout the year. We fill and give out over 200 Easter baskets, fill 60 backpacks with school supplies to give students a head start with school, give out vouchers for new coats and shoes for school age children, sponsor Blessings In A Backpack Program and a huge toy give out at Christmas.
- Washington Christian Outreach feeds 100 people on Thanksgiving day and gives out 400 Christmas food boxes filled with everything needed for a holiday meal plus a $15 meat voucher. We have a medical mobile bus that comes one day a month to offer medical examinations, prescriptions, blood work, scripts for other testings and much more.
- Washington Christian Outreach is proud to partner with a national organization called "Blessings In A Backpack Program". The Blessings In a Backpack organization has done research that shows children of low income families do not get enough nutrition on weekends. They come to school tired, do not test well and have lower grade averages. With this program they are showing much improvement. WCO sponsors 770 children in two area schools. This program is funded entirely on donations.
Primary Revenue Sources
Donations from individuals, churches, businesses, fundraisers and foundation grants
Primary Fundraising Event
Purse Auction, 5k Labor Day Race & Christmas Palooza
|Federal Tax ID||25-1550113|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.