Donate to a Local Charity
Washington City Mission
The City Mission exists to share Christ, to shelter, to heal and to restore the homeless to independent living without discrimination. Our life transforming rehabilitative programming effects lasting change and empowers the homeless to be productive members of society.
Programs and Services
- A person's descent into homelessness, hunger and despair can only be transformed into an ascent into recovery through a comprehensive set of solutions that eliminate the barriers to independent living one by one. City Mission, a Christ-centered rehabilitative homeless shelter, facilitates this transformation by providing food, shelter, case management, biblically-based counseling, and life-changing programming. In the last year, we provided 32,986 nights of shelter and served 113,061 meals.
- Chapel services are an important part of each individual's success. Residents attend devotional services six days per week and chapel services on Sunday. During the last year, over 104 chapel services were held.
- City Mission distributes food, clothing, furniture and miscellaneous items to all who have need in the community. Our Samaritan Services Center distributed over 9,207 food bags, household goods and clothing items in the last year. Additionally, we provide household items and start-up furniture to eligible residents upon graduating from our program.
- City Mission's Vocational Training Center and Hidden Treasures Thrift Stores provide practical work opportunities for City Mission program participants including but not limited to truck operations, inventory sorting, forklift and baler operation, store placement and retail selling.
- City Mission actively recruits individuals, families, churches and other groups to fill volunteer needs. We need volunteers, young and old, big and small, to share their gifts of time and talent with the Mission. Volunteers founded City Mission, and volunteers have always been vital partners in the work of the Mission.
Primary Revenue Sources
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual Sweet Sunday Dessert Festival
|Federal Tax ID||25-1051749|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.