Donate to a Local Charity
Washington Community Theatre
Programs and Services
- THE WASHINGTON COMMUNITY THEATRE, INC. is a non-sectarian, non-profit organization based in Washington County, Pennsylvania, dedicated to the purpose of stimulating and maintaining local interest and participation in the theatre arts. Its mission is dedicated to providing the opportunity for members of the community to participate in all aspects of the theatre and to presenting quality theatrical entertainment to our audiences.
- Our philosophy is as follows: We strive to involve community members in all aspects of the theatre. We offer the chance to newcomers to learn new skills and test their wings. We encourage individuals to share their best talents with others onstage and off. We aim to provide our audience a quality performance suitable for families to enjoy. We are a company of volunteer thespians. We recognize the demands placed on them and respect the time they have to offer.
- WCT believes that the arts are a big part of a thriving, healthy community. We are a strictly volunteer run organization that strives to provide a venue for members of the community to BOTH participate in and enjoy live, family entertainment at an affordable cost. WCT has produced 41 summer shows over the life time of the organization. Many current members of WCT are third and fourth generation members whose parents and grandparents have performed before them.
- We offer the community the opportunity to participate in quality, family, live entertainment. WCT's participants range in age from 4 years old to 80 years old and span generations in some families. Community members are afforded the opportunity to be involved at any level of production including set design, set building, stage management, costume preparation, musical direction, choreography, orchestra direction, orchestra performance, stage performance and much more.
- Further, we offer the community quality, live entertainment in two, different unique venues. Our productions are carefully selected in order to appeal to all demographics of our community. Our shows are something that many members of the community have been experiencing for years and with multiple generations of their families. Hundreds of people attend each show. In fact, in recent years, people have been turned away at the door as the "house" was full each and every night.
- WCT is currently preparing the production of Mary Poppins for June 21-26 at the Main Pavilion at the Washington Park. The fall show will be Little Shop of Horrors and will be held in November at Julian's Banquet Hall. Both undertakings are huge steps for WCT as both shows are well recognized and expectation levels for audiences is very high, especially on the heels of last year's production of Fiddler on the Roof.
Primary Revenue Sources
Shows and Fundraising
Primary Fundraising Event
Shows, including sponsorships, donors and patrons
|Federal Tax ID||25-1759890|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.