Donate to a Local Charity
Washington County Gay Straight Alliance
Washington County Gay Straight Alliance, Inc. is dedicated to affirming acceptance between diverse groups of people, raising awareness in our community of the needs of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Questioning, Queer, Asexual, and Allied (LGBTQA) people through support, education, and community outreach on the issues of diversity. WCGSA, Inc. provides a safe, confidential environment for individuals of Washington County and the surrounding areas regardless of sex, race, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
Programs and Services
- Provides a facilitated peer group called a Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Questioning, Queer, Asexual, and Allied (LGBTQA) youth aged 21 and under since 2005. We now have the opportunity to expand our programming since moving in to The CENTER on Strawberry in January, 2017.
- Provides access to Wellness Resources for the LGBTQA community and partner with agencies that provide professional medical and psychological expertise since 2005 to include domestic violence, bullying awareness, Smoking Cessation programming, Drug and Alcohol training, suicide prevention, coping education, health wellness workshops at GSA, and Day of Silence training.
- Provides Education/Advocacy for the LGBTQA community by sponsoring and/or partnering with like-minded organizations to promote education, understanding, and acceptance of LGBTQA individuals in Washington County and surrounding areas.
- Address the isolation felt by the LGBTQA community by developing and/or promoting Social Opportunities that are inclusive to a wide range of ages and interests groups to promote social and emotional health and acceptance in our community to include sponsoring concerts by the Pittsburgh Renaissance City Choirs, Pride Prom for youth, 2nd Friday Nights monthly potluck dinner, 4th Friday Night Trans Peer Support Night, The Wardrobe, home parties/picnics, and other inclusive social gatherings.
- Created and sponsored a Transgender Day of Remembrance Candlelight Walk held yearly since 2013. We hold our event at First Presbyterian Church, 1793, an allied church supportive of our Mission. This is a national memorial day that we will continue in the future to raise awareness of violence against the Transgender Community.
Primary Revenue Sources
Donations, Patrols, Sponsors, Ticket Sales, Raffle, Fundraiser
Primary Fundraising Event
WCGSA sponsored annual concert performed by the Pittsburgh Renaissance City Choir
|Federal Tax ID||46-0951929|
|Name:||Kathleen M. Cameron|
|Title:||Chair of the Board of Directors|
|Address:||59 East Strawberry Avenue|
Washington, PA 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.