Donate to a Local Charity
Washington County Historical Society
Historical Museum and Educational Society
Programs and Services
- The Washington County Historical Society endeavors to collect and preserve Washington County's history, to increase awareness and to educate the public about the history and national significance of Washington County. It is also the responsibility of the Historical Society to preserve the sites under its administration.
- The Washington County Historical Society administers several sites—the Francis J. LeMoyne House, the LeMoyne Crematory, the Norma K. Grimes Research Library and the Washington County Frontier History Center. The Historical Society utilizes these sites to educate the public through offering tours, special events, outreach programs and research services. As the repository for Washington County heritage, the Historical Society maintains an extensive collection of documents and artifacts.
- As the Washington County Historical Society preserves all aspects of the county's history, it has the unique ability to serve a wide range of age and ethnic groups. As the collection covers so many themes and topics, the Historical Society is able to provide customized tours and research opportunities for all types of groups and individuals, based on their particular interests. Further, through free outreach programming, the Historical Society is able to reach individuals of all income levels.
- Offering over 25 programs in the form of tours, special events and customized presentations, nearly 70 times annually the Historical Society is able to effectively educate various audiences on a number of subjects. In the past two years the Historical Society has reached over 8,000 individuals through visitation to its sites, attendance at special events and outreach to local historical organizations, and senior centers.
- Outreach programs are not only within Washington County, but at statewide events such as the Pennsylvania Museums Annual Conference and the Colonial Dames Annual State Meeting. The Historical Society has also been asked to conduct programs for high-profile organizations such as the Daughters of the American Revolution, the Sons of the American Revolution, Fort Necessity National Battlefield, the Mayflower Society and the German Heritage Society of Lancaster, Pa.
Primary Revenue Sources
Fundraising Events, Grants, and Donations
Primary Fundraising Event
The Washington County Historical Society Hall of Fame Awards Banquet
|Federal Tax ID||25-1371578|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.