Donate to a Local Charity
Washington County Watershed Alliance
Protection and Conservation of Natural Resources
Programs and Services
- The Alliance provides public education and outreach to citizens about the protection and conservation of natural resources. Water quality problems and sources of pollution are identified and solutions are recommended.
- Water Quality Monitoring: Our monitors collect data at 24 sites throughout the county. Measuring conductivity, temperature, and water level every 15 minutes continuously. Through partnerships with local Universities we have students collect the data which is kept at the office. The WCWA also assists with other monitoring throughout the county as needed.
- Environmental Education: The WCWA educates the public through outreach events, such as the county fair and educational programs. In-school presentations are often given when requested by local teachers. School programs include watersheds, nonpoint source pollution, and plankton.
- Beautification Projects: The WCWA along with the local Watershed Associations conduct roadside and stream cleanups around the county. We partner with other organizations and local businesses to make a greater impact.
- Coordination: The WCWA assist our local Watershed Associations with financial services and administrative work. This allows our groups to complete more projects and obtain more grant funding. Our groups include the Buffalo Creek Watershed Association, Chartiers Creek Watershed Association, Ten Mile Creek Watershed Association, and the Upper Wheeling Creek Watershed Association.
- Special Projects: The WCWA is helping to restore Canonsburg Lake with the help of the Canonsburg Lake Restoration & Improvement Committee. We also assist the Buffalo Creek Watershed Association with their upgrades to Dutch Fork Lake.
Primary Revenue Sources
Primary Fundraising Event
|Federal Tax ID||25-1815293|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.