Donate to a Local Charity
Washington-Greene County Blind Association
To aide and assist the blind; promote training, employment, education and rehabilitation of the blind; to supervise, standardize and market blind-made products; and to prevent unnecessary blindness
Programs and Services
- SPECIALIZED SERVICES - Transportation to doctors' appointments, health care facilities etc. is provided to those who qualify for the Blind Association's services. Support groups, Life Skills Education, Case Management, Advocacy.
- PREVENTION OF BLINDNESS - Vision Screenings are offered to any child-related agency in the bi-county area. Education is offered to all who desire a presentation of an eye-related topic. Also, an Eye Safety Program is offered to all of the 4th bi-county 4th grades.
- LOW COST OPTICAL DEPARTMENT - Eyewear is offered at cost to individuals who meet the low income guidelines of the program. A current eyeglass prescription is required.
- EMPLOYMENT - Washington-Greene Co Blind Association operates a workshop where legally blind and blind workers are employed.
- CHILDREN'S VISION PROGRAM - Financial support is available to those families who have children (0-18 yrs of age) who financially qualify. Help is given for ophthalmologist's visits and special eyewear and low vision tools for the child.
- Richard Robinson Scholarship of $1000.00 is given to an individual who is planning to further education and must be blind/visually impaired; have a blind family member; or be pursuing a career working with disabled individuals.
Primary Revenue Sources
State Contracts; Workshop
Primary Fundraising Event
Dining in the Dark
|Federal Tax ID||25-0965456|
|Address:||566 East Maiden Street|
Washington, PA 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.