Donate to a Local Charity
Washington Hospital Foundation "Washington Health System Foundation"
The mission of the Washington Hospital Foundation is to solicit, collect and invest charitable contributions on behalf of the Washington Hospital and then pass this money on to the Washington Hospital.
Programs and Services
- Washington Hospital Foundation/Washington Health System Foundation funds programs of Washington Health System (WHS), a nonprofit community hospital serving Washington County residents. Some programs depend on donations to operate: Children’s Therapy Center, the only outpatient center south of Pittsburgh to offer comprehensive rehabilitation for children from birth-18 years; Teen Outreach; Palliative Medicine; Nursing & Radiology Schools; Simulation Center & new Congestive Heart Failure Program
- WHS provides services including Behavioral Health; Cancer Care; Cardiac Care; Children’s Express Care; Children’s Therapy Center; Congestive Heart Failure Clinic; Diabetes Education and Management; Emergency Care; Employee Assistance; Family Medicine; Drug and Alcohol Treatment at Greenbriar Treatment Center; Heart, Lung and Vascular Care; Neurosciences; Obstetrics; Orthopedics; Palliative Medicine; Radiology; Rehabilitation; Respiratory Care; Sports Medicine; Teen Outreach; and Women's Health.
- Children’s Therapy has over 600 visits weekly in our McMurray and Washington locations. We provide Speech, Occupational, Physical, and Social/Behavioral Therapy to children with developmental delays, Sensory Processing Disorders, Cerebral Palsy, Attention Deficit Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and other conditions. We always need therapy equipment, including high tech equipment, to help our unique, extraordinary children overcome disabilities and reach their full potential.
- Teen Outreach offers sexuality education classes to local schools, intervention for at-risk children, a peer education program, mentoring for pregnant and parenting teens, and a teen center. ECHO (Educate Children for Healthy Outcomes) is a one on one mentoring program that empowers youth to make healthy choices and avoid risky behavior and strengthens families. Teen Outreach is providing ECHO with community mentors to Washington School District students to increase the 67% graduation rate.
- Our Palliative Medicine Program provides specialized care to relieve patients from the symptoms, pain, and the stress of a serious illness – terminal or not - and improve their quality of life.Washington Hospital is the only hospital to deliver babies in the county - 1,000 each year, half to low income mothers and 11% addicted to drugs.
- The Health System has an ongoing need for equipment, technology, and facility improvements to provide our patients with the best, most advanced care possible.
Primary Revenue Sources
Individual, corporate and foundation donations
Primary Fundraising Event
|Federal Tax ID||25-1708215|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.