Megan J. Phillis Scholarship Fund for Academic Excellence
Megan J. Phillis Scholarship Fund for Academic Excellence for Burgettstown High School Graduating Seniors
Normally, one $500 scholarship is awarded each year.
- Applicant must be a current year graduating senior from Burgettstown High School.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to complete chosen post-secondary course of study.
- Applicant must be accepted at a post-secondary school of education for the fall after graduation. There is no requirement as to the type of school or years of study.
- Applicant must provide high school transcript and have maintained at least a 3.0 grade point average since the ninth grade.
- Applicant must provide an unofficial ACT or SAT test score.
- Applicant must provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) student aid report.
- Applicant must provide an essay of no more than 500 words regarding past accomplishments and future goals including community service activities.
- Applicant must provide two letters of recommendation (no relatives please).
- Applicant must complete the online application as provided and mail the application receipt along with hard copies of all required documentation to the WCCF.
Complete application must be received by the Foundation by April 1.
Scholarship will be awarded in the spring.