Brain Injury Association of Pennsylvania
The mission of the Brain Injury Association of Pennsylvania (BIAPA) is to foster a community of education, advocacy, support, and research to maximize the quality of life for those with brain injury and their families.
Programs and Services
- BrainSTEPS School Re-Entry Program: In Washington County schools, BIAPA implements the BrainSTEPS program created by the Pennsylvania Department of Health in 2007. The program is designed to consult with school teams and families in the development and delivery of educational services for students who have experienced a brain injury in or out of school, including sports concussions.
- BIRL Brain Injury Resource Line 1-800-444-6443: BIRL is a toll-free number maintained by the Brain Injury Association of Pennsylvania. It is staffed by volunteers who provide resource information to all who call, including people who have sustained a brain injury and caregivers of people with brain injury in Washington County. Calls are assigned to a volunteer who will return the call and provide resource information.
- Support groups: The Brain Injury Association supports the West Penn Hospital Brain Injury Support Group. Residents of Washington County attend this support group in Allegheny County because of its proximity. This support group offers topic-focused discussions, speakers, activities, and occasional social events. This group supports people who have sustained a brain injury, families, friends, and caregivers.
- Brain Safety Fairs: Each year the Brain Injury Association of Pennsylvania holds Brain Safety Fairs. These family-friendly events include fitting and distributing free bicycle helmets to children and adults. Along with helmet distribution, the BIAPA educates kids and parents on how to keep their brains safe, and it trains volunteers on proper bike helmet fitting.
- Pre-Enrollment Assistance: BIAPA provides Pre-Enrollment Assistance Services to help individuals with brain injury and their family members apply for the Department of Health's Head Injury Program.Pre-Enrollment Assistance. Coordinators are available to assist individuals in their home, community, or hospital settings.
Primary Revenue Sources
Partnerships, donations, fundraisers
Primary Fundraising Event
BIAPA Annual Conference
|Federal Tax ID||23-3048437|
|Title:||Development and Fundraising Coordinator|
|Address:||950 Walnut Bottom Road, Suite 15-229|
Carlisle, PA 17015
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.