Jameson's Army is a nonprofit organization (501c3) dedicated to raising awareness and funding for children and families affected by congenital heart defects (CHD) in the Pittsburgh, PA and South Western PA.
Programs and Services
- One of our main support areas is having a pantry at The Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh that we keep stocked for the patients and families in the heart center. This provides the families a small snack, cup of coffee, or a bottle of water, etc without them having to leave the unit in which their child is in. It also provides a snack for a child who may come out of a procedure late and is able to eat after hours when the cafeteria is already closed
- Meals From The Heart: Jameson's Army provides 5-7 hot, home cooked meals to the staff and families throughout the year, including Thanksgiving Dinner. These "small" comforts help the families to feel less isolated and a little peace during a very trying time. During Covid-19 we were able to provide boxed lunches to the families through no contact delivery instead of our normal hot lunch.
- Shumsky Therapy Pillows: Jameons's Army also provide therapeutic pillows to each child after surgery to help comfort them when moving, coughing, etc. These pillows not only provide a comfort for the patient but they are able to have family, friends, doctors, nurses, etc sign their pillow as a keepsake from their heart journey.
- Support for families: Jameson's Army provides support for families in many other ways. Gift cards, tickets to outings, toy deliveries, bill payment (through an application review) and many other ways. If a heart family has a need we strive to meet that need.
- Semi-Annual Toy Drop: Twice a year, in December and July, Jameson's Army takes hundreds of toys to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh for the children in the heart center. In December, families are able to "shop" for their children and siblings at no cost to help make the holidays a little more simple.
Primary Revenue Sources
Grants and Fundraising
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual Green Heart Gala (Cancelled this year due to Covid-19)
|Federal Tax ID
PO Box 46
Cecil, PA 15321
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via irs.gov.