The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination."
Programs and Services
- The Washington Salvation Army provides emergency help through utility, rental and food assistance. The Washington Salvation Army also serves at Disaster Service sites providing hydration and food for first responders in time of need.
- The Salvation Army in Washington, PA's Love in a Backpack effort services children from nine area schools for supplemental nutritional food every weekend of the school year. The Washington Salvation Army also helps aid CYS and area schools with hygiene items, air mattresses and other emergency needs for area students across Washington County.
- The Salvation Army in Washington, PA provides help seasonally through their Thanksgiving and Christmas Efforts as well as annual project Bundle Up Shopping Trips. Their Best Foot Forward Effort provides hundreds of children and adults with new shoes each year.
- The Salvation Army in Washington, PA offers a wide variety of youth & family programming. Each year they distribute over 10,000 books into the community through their reading picnics and other outreach efforts.
- The Salvation Army is a church who services the community as a whole. We strive to meet human needs with the resources that we have been blessed with.
Primary Revenue Sources
General Donations, Mail Appeal, and Grants
Primary Fundraising Event
Red Kettle Effort, Golf Outing, & Superhero Drive Thru
|Federal Tax ID||13-5562351|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.