Donate to a Local Charity
Charleroi Area Historical Society
Preserve the history of the community by researching, compiling and recording history of the community and working to preserve the Nat'l Registered District of the Charleroi area.
Programs and Services
- The CAHS, Inc. has officially existed as an Exempted Charitable Tax Exempt 501(c)3 since 2003, but the community organization has existed since 1973. Its Purpose & Mission Statement: To organize, preserve, record .... historical information about the local area, early settlers, achievements, contributions; to record the rise of early businesses, industries in photographs, records, memorabilia/items from the past into a permanent location so that it will be available for posterity.
- To promote fellowship of all persons interested in the objectives of the Society. To encourage the younger generation of the community to appreciate the contributions of the early inhabitants and instill in them a desire to help the community and save the gifts and memories the past has to offer. To encourage and preserve community spirit. To cooperate with other historical societies in the Monongahela Valley to preserve all historical landmarks and communities.
- Further, the Mission .... shall be to provide a coherent history of the area, preserving its artifacts, collecting its memorabilia and to pictorially preserve in photograph and writing its history, people and events. The CAHS, Inc. is a legal charity that has served with integrity, honesty and with strict volunteerism for decades out of love for the community area of which it has oversight.
- Within the Area that the CAHS, Inc. works is what is referred to as the Olde Fallowfield, Olde Allen Township & Olde Lock #4 areas, including various Monongahela River towns that stretch from Lockview, Olde Lock #4, to the South near Roscoe, PA. Included within that area is the large National Register of Historic Places Historic District of 1920s to 1950s Architecture that is located on the Monongahela River just off of I-70 & Expressway 43 through which old Route 88 runs through.
- We sincerely thank any person or organization who finds our Purpose, Mission and Cause worthy of their contributions. Thank you.
Primary Revenue Sources
Dues, charitable gifts
Primary Fundraising Event
Educational Programs/Annual Membership
|Federal Tax ID||25-1330993|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.