Donate to a Local Charity
Chartiers Houston Community Library Assn
Programs and Services
- The mission of the Chartiers-Houston Community Library is to provide equal access of the resources and services of the Library to the community and the community at-large.
- The Chartiers-Houston Community Library inspires lifelong learning and encourages the development of independent, self-confident and literate citizens by providing a staff, up-to-date technology, and quality materials, programs and services.
- As always, the library continues to house a wide selection of books, ebooks, DVDs, and audiobooks, of which community members checked out over 15,000 in the year 2016. The library also has free wifi and access to computers with internet and word processing tools for children, job-seekers, and distance learners. But the library is also providing several programs, over 200 in the year 2016 in fact, all to bring fun and exciting learning and community engagement opportunities to the community.
- The library programs include storytimes for babies, toddlers and tots. School aged children can enjoy fun STEAM programs like the library’s lego club, programs that reward and encourage reading and learning like the Summer Reading Program, and fun and educational events throughout the year designed for children to learn new things among their peers and families. In 2016, over 600 children and teens in the community attended the library's programs.
- For adults, the library has free online courses spanning a wide range of topics, from computer programming and website design to EMS or veterinary technician courses. The library has also offered over 100 programs for adults in the past year such as book clubs, board game groups, crafting groups, and in person computer classes. The library has also hosted resume writing and test prep workshops and health and financial information speakers. The library even hosts yoga classes every Monday night!
Primary Revenue Sources
Washington County Library System, Houston Boro, Chartiers Township, Chartiers-Houston School District, PA Dept of Education
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual Letter Campaign
|Federal Tax ID||25-1158764|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.