Donate to a Local Charity
Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern PA
The mission of Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern Pennsylvania is to increase awareness of domestic violence and its effect on the community, to empower those victimized by providing advocacy and safe and effective services, and to work for social change designed to eliminate domestic violence.
Programs and Services
- Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern PA operates a safe house in Washington, PA that provides safe shelter and support services to victims of domestic violence and their children. DVSSP provides 24-hour intake and transportation; individual and group empowerment counseling; children's program; information and referrals; accompaniment; general and legal advocacy; and food, clothing, and personal care items. All services are free and confidential.
- DVSSP operates a 24-hour hotline that provides crisis counseling, safety planning, support, information and referrals to victims of domestic violence, their family, friends, and assisting agencies.
- Free individual and group empowerment counseling for anyone who is or has been directly involved in an abusive relationship.
- We provide free and confidential assistance with filing Protection from Abuse Orders, court accompaniment, support, information, and advocacy as victims progress through the legal system.
- Our Prevention Education Department offers school programs to all grade levels focusing on violence prevention. Presentations and trainings are also offered to local businesses, agencies, civic, and religious groups.
Primary Revenue Sources
Federal and state grants, United Way, and donations from area churches, businesses, organizations, clubs, and private individuals.
Primary Fundraising Event
Peace Begins at Home dinner held every October
|Federal Tax ID||25-1521327|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.