Donate to a Local Charity
Dress for Success Pittsburgh
Clothing, connections, confidence! The mission of Dress for Success Pittsburgh is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and life.
Programs and Services
- Dress for Success Pittsburgh strives to provide support to any woman who is entering or returning to the workforce. Clients range from young women who are working to break the cycle of poverty by starting their first part time job, to single moms, survivors of domestic abuse, veterans, homemakers re-entering the workforce, college students headed to their first career fair, previously incarcerated women, and retirees taking on a new part time job.
- Appropriate attire provides women with the essential foundation they need to be able to showcase their skills and abilities in an interview, new job, internship, or training program. The Dress for Success Pittsburgh experience, however, is about more than providing the needed essentials. The team works to empower each woman by walking alongside her as she prepares to take the next step in her career journey, providing personal branding support and connections to resources.
- Clients who visits the Washington Branch can receive a Suitable Hair voucher to receive a complimentary haircut or hairstyle at the Toni & Guy Salon at Penn Commercial, the organization's official Suitable Hair partners for the two counties. While our focus is on how confident a woman feels, we do realize that physical appearance plays a part and feeling our best from head to toe can do a great deal to boost confidence on the way to an interview or starting a new job or training program.
- Women who visit the Washington branch are invited to take part in the complimentary virtual resume review, sponsored by Accenture. Clients can email their existing resume or employment information and an HR professional will review and provide feedback and suggestions for formatting updates and content adjustments. Women are also invited to attend the annual Range Resources Women in the Workplace in Washington County Career Development Workshop.
- Women come by referral from a community partner, which can be any 501c3 nonprofit organization located in the counties the organization serves.The ultimate goal is to ensure that each woman who comes in for services leaves feeling stronger and more confident than when she arrived, ready to take the next step in her career journey. "I will be walking into my interview with my head held high feeling more confident than ever!" -DeShay, 25 #InHerOwnWords
Primary Revenue Sources
DHS, Grants, Signature Event
Primary Fundraising Event
Women Rock Pittsburgh, October 4, 2019 at the UPMC Club at Heinz Field
|Federal Tax ID||20-2388089|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.