Donate to a Local Charity
Fort Vance Historical Society
To preserve local history. To achieve accessibility of the collections.
Programs and Services
- We are an "All Volunteer" staff. We maintain hours every Wednesday in the Burgettstown Community Library (except for conflict with our host hours of operation). We are available by appointment. For researches not from the local area, we encourage the use of our site, fortvance.org and email as much information as possible for that subject.
- We promote to people that have interest in our area by using Facebook as a tool for awareness. We post photos that might pertain to upcoming programs, holidays, upcoming local events, and whatever photos we are scanning. We currently have 2,190 followers. At times, we do receive requests for area photos. Also, we have donated binders of local municipalities that we update periodically. We share with other area historical groups as well. Hosting programs featuring the area's past.
- Upon request, we provided photos for permanent display at the Burgettstown Boro office. We provided the Burgettstown Volunteer Fire Department with a binder of their history and it is update as articles are found. We provide copies of all sports articles/photos to the Burgettstown Chapter of the Pennsylvania Hall of Fame. It is their decision if it is needed for their collection. We have free information sheets of all of the local subjects for people to enjoy and discover the past.
- To fill a void of Burgettstown area history and genealogy that is missing from other genealogical sites we are scanning area history, photos, articles of interest, military, schools and sports. We currently have 6100+ obituaries on line with limited name recognition. These are all available for free on our site, fortvance.org. We have had genealogy requests of local families from Australia, Canada, Holland as well as the states. Last year, we had visitors from AZ, CA, MN, VA.
- In our room, we have binders for those that aren't so computer savvy. They are by subject such as: Advertisements, Banks, Coal, Cemeteries, Church, Military, Railroad, School, Sports, Towns and Pioneer families. Also, this year we have plans in progress for informational displays along the Bike Trail featuring the locations, Bulger and Burgettstown with facts and early photos of each location.
Primary Revenue Sources
Donations and membership dues
Primary Fundraising Event
WCCF Gives Day, Donations, Programs, and Memorials
|Federal Tax ID||90-1069616|
|Name:||Deborah L. Vraninin|
|Address:||2 Kerr Street|
Burgettstown, PA 15021
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.