Donate to a Local Charity
Historical Society of Western Pennsylvania “Meadowcroft Rockshelter and Historic Village”
The Historical Society of Western Pennsylvania (doing business as the Senator John Heinz History Center) is an educational institution that engages and inspires a large and diverse audience with links to the past, understanding in the present, and guidance for the future by preserving regional history and presenting the American experience with a western Pennsylvania connection
Programs and Services
- Since prehistoric times, people have adapted to the land and shaped their environment in order to survive and build a better life. This story of human history in western Pennsylvania is explored at Meadowcroft through archaeology, living history, and museum programs utilizing the unique resources of the site.
- The museum preserves the Meadowcroft Rockshelter archaeological site, a National Historic Landmark and the oldest site of human habitation in North America, for current and future generations to experience.
- Meadowcroft provides a wide variety of public programs, exhibits, and living history experiences for a diverse audience.
- Meadowcroft's educational programs serve 10,000 school children annually from the Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia tri-state area. These programs provide hands-on experiences for students in history and STEM education which meet state educational standards.
- Meadowcroft partners with other Washington County heritage and history organizations to contribute to the growth of tourism as an economic development generator.
Primary Revenue Sources
Earned revenue (admission, shop sales, facility rentals, gas revenue); foundation and government grants; corporate donations; individual gifts; endowment.
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual History Makers Award Dinner
|Federal Tax ID||25-0965391|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.