Donate to a Local Charity
Laurel Highlands Council Boy Scouts of America
To prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
Programs and Services
- Scouting is a year-round program uniquely designed to meet the needs of both boys and girls and their families. The program offers fun and challenging activities that promote character development and physical fitness. Family involvement is an essential part of the program, and parents are encouraged to play an active role in making the most of the short time they have to impact the lives of their children.Scouting is designed to be experienced outdoors.
- Cub Scouts is a year-round, family-friendly program designed for boys and girls who are in kindergarten through fifth grade (ages 5-10). Activities are used to achieve the aims of Scouting- citizenship training, character development and personal fitness.Cub Scouts have the time of their lives making new friends and learning new things in an environment designed to help them succeed. From building their own Pinewood Derby® car to learning how to roast the perfect marshmallow.
- Boy Scouts is designed for boys ages 11-18, Boy Scouts learn responsible citizenship, character development and self-reliance through participation in a wide range of outdoor activities and educational programs.For over 100 years, Scouting programs have instilled in youth the values found in the Scout Oath and Scout Law. Today, these values are just as relevant in helping youth grow to their full potential as they were in 1910. Scouting helps youth develop academic skills, self-confidence, etc.
- Exploring - a career learning program for young men and women between the ages of 14 and 20. Exploring units, called "posts", usually have a focus on a single career field, such as police, fire/rescue, health, law, aviation or engineering.Exploring is a worksite-based program. It is part of Learning for Life's career education program for young men and women who are 14 through 20 years of age.
- Venturing - a program for young men and women between the ages of 14 and 20. Its purpose is to provide positive experiences to help youth mature and prepare them to become responsible adults.Venturing provides young men and women ages 14 to 20 years old with positive experiences to help them mature and develop into responsible and caring adults. Venturing is based on a unique and dynamic relationship between youth, adult leaders and mentors, and community organizations.
Primary Revenue Sources
Individual Support, Foundations, Corporations, Planned Giving, Special Events
Primary Fundraising Event
Whitney Young Dinner, Harry Mangle Dinner, Eagle Recognition Dinner, Sporting Clays, Golf Events (3)
|Federal Tax ID||25-0965214|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.