Donate to a Local Charity
Little Lake Theatre Company
Presentation of live theatre
Programs and Services
- Our full mission is to present a thoughtful, well-balanced offering of plays appealing to an audience of mixed social, economic, educational, and generational levels; to provide comprehensive training and hands-on experience in theatre arts to emerging, as well as experienced actors, designers, and technicians; to involve the community in outreach programs designed to provide accessibility and encourage appreciation of live theatre.
- Little Lake presents 15-16 productions each season; 11 MainStage plays for adults, and 4-5 Children's Theatre plays for young audiences. The company annually presents 150+ performances from mid-April to mid-December. Attendance for the 2017 season was 17,892. Over 310 children and adults auditioned for the 2018 season, an 50% increase. We pride ourselves on offering a variety of shows: classics, comedies, dramas, farces, musicals, and modern works; there's always something new at the Lake!
- Little Lake provides education programming for the entire community. We offer seven weeks of camp for children age 6-18 each summer, introducing over 200 kids to the magic of theatre. The company maintains a robust Apprentice program for high school students, a core program for over 50 years. Each season up to 30 Apprentices receive theatrical training (acting and tech theatre), perform in shows, serve as technical staff, ushers, and servers, and participate in master classes and field trips.
- Little Lake is proud to offer Sensory-friendly programming, ensuring that families with autism and other sensory processing disorders can enjoy live theatre in a comfortable and relaxed environment. 2018 sees an expansion of this programming, thanks in part to a grant from the Washington County Community Foundation.
- Little Lake offers acting classes for adults, giving people the chance to try their hand at performing for the very first time. Many graduates of our "I Can Do That" acting classes join the company as actors in our productions or as audience members and volunteers.
Primary Revenue Sources
Performance ticket sales (single tickets and subscriptions), camps & classes, and food concessions
Primary Fundraising Event
Curtains Up (April 14, 2018)
|Federal Tax ID||25-1475251|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.