Donate to a Local Charity
Mid Mon Valley Cultural Trust
Our mission is to nurture and enhance the culture and arts in the Mid Mon Valley area and protect its rich history.
Programs and Services
- MMVCT created the MMVCT Art Competition for Artists in the Mon Valley area in 2017 to enter art pieces for the theme, "Happiness is a Box of Cards". Four age groups provided three levels of winners judged by artists familiar with juried exhibits as well as a People's Choice Award winner. First place winners were published in a box of note cards. A partnership with local libraries was the depository for local artists and two local libraries also hosted an exhibit for two weeks.
- The second annual 2018 MMVCT Art Competition theme is, "My Favorite Thing". The competition was also expanded to include photography with two age categories. First place winners of the age categories for the Art and Photography will receive a cash award of $100.00. In addition local businesses are donating cash and gift awards or a combination to present to an entry of their choice. Community Bank is partnering with the Trust to publish this years winners in a a box of postcards.
- Local libraries will also stay involved as depositories this year. Monongahela, Monessen and Rostraver libraries have requested to have the exhibit for two weeks in their library during the summer. An award exhibit will be held Sunday, July 1 at Mon Valley Country Club when winners will be announced, the artists, photographers and the public will have an opportunity to view all entries as well as the MMVCT and local business winning entries.
- This year the MMVCT launched an "Oscar Nominated Short Subject Red Carpet" event a week before the Academy Awards. Douglas Educational Centers partnered with the Trust and Magnolia Pictures to provide the opportunity for Mon Valley residents to experience and view Live Action and Animated Short films and made it a gala event.
- The Oscar event was very successful and many of those in attendance had never seen the Shorts before or knew about this nominated category. The MMVCT 's goal will be to create future events for entertainment in Mon Valley communities such as this one.
Primary Revenue Sources
Community Bank Grant, Sale of Cards from 2017 Art Competition, Individual donations
Primary Fundraising Event
Sale of cards from Art Competition
|Federal Tax ID||25-6695151|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.