Donate to a Local Charity
Mon Valley Alliance Foundation
To promote economic development and improve the business atmosphere in the Mon Valley region of Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Programs and Services
- The Mid Mon Valley Regional Enterprise Zone (MMVREZ) is a nine-community enterprise zone program certified under the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Enterprise Zone Program. Businesses located in the target areas can qualify for low-interest loans, special consideration under state grant programs and tax credits.
- The purpose of the Mid Mon Valley Council of Governments is to address severe challenges faced by local governments to provide basic municipal services to their economically distressed communities with declining populations.
- The Mon Valley Alliance is committed to building a start up infrastructure in the Mid Mon Valley. We will begin laying the groundwork for much of this work in 2017, including: Hosting a series of What’s Your Idea events in communities throughout the valley, encouraging those that want to start a business to network and learn from others; Launching a new incubation and micro loan fund; Partnering with area Rotary organizations for a new mentorship program; Partnering with California.
- The Blight Task Force will be implementing strategies to take control of blighted properties in the Mon Valley.
- The Tourism Cooperative, launched in 2018, will market the assets of the Mon Valley to attract visitors. MVA is also now the manager for the Mon River Water Trail, promoting recreational opportunities on the river.
Primary Revenue Sources
Contributions and donations
Primary Fundraising Event
|Federal Tax ID||25-1154706|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.