Donate to a Local Charity
Pennsylvania Trolley Museum
Preserve and interpret the history and technology of street railways in Pennsylvania.
Programs and Services
- The mission of the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum is to communicate the story of Pennsylvania's Trolley Era to a diverse audience through the preservation, interpretation, and use of its collection of electric railway and railroad equipment, associated artifacts and photo/document archives, and to ensure that its visitors have an enjoyable and rewarding educational experience.
- Provide living history experiences to the general public at its museum in Washington, PA. The Museum is improving its visitor facilities through its "On Track for the Future" capital campaign. An 18,000 square-foot Welcome & Education Center is to be built in the next few years that will vastly improve its capacity and quality of its programs.
- Provide educational programs both at the Museum and off-site to a wide range of groups. These programs will be greatly expanded as the Museum opens its new Welcome & Education Center in the next few years as outlined above.
- Preserve historic artifacts and archival materials relating to the Trolley Era and use these materials as part of our educational programs. The Museum has a large library and archives and four large buildings to house these materials. The number of artifacts displayed will be expanded as the Museum opens its new Welcome & Education Center in the next few years as outlined above.
- Provide facilities that are made available to community groups and businesses. These facilities will be greatly expanded as the Museum opens its new Welcome & Education Center within the next few years as outlined above.
- Attracts a wide variety of dedicated volunteers to carry out the mission of the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum. Approximately 150 people donate over 30,000 hours per year to the Museum!
Primary Revenue Sources
Foundation Grants, Public Support, Donations, Admissions
Primary Fundraising Event
Special events are held throughout the year.
|Federal Tax ID||25-6060314|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.