Donate to a Local Charity
United Way of Washington County
Our mission is to recruit and collaborate with people, organizations and businesses to identify critical local needs and raise funds annually to invest in the local programs and services that are addressing those needs and having a positive impact in Washington County. Particular attention is focused on programs addressing financial stability, education, health and emergency needs.
Programs and Services
- Everyone deserves opportunities to have a good life - a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health. Advancing the common good is less about helping one person at a time and more about changing systems to help all of us.
- That’s the drive behind all United Ways; we identify and build on community strengths and assets, help individuals and groups with specific community interests find ways to contribute their time and talent support direct-service programs and community-change efforts, and advocate public-policy changes.
- Founded in 1925, United Way of Washington County continues to work diligently to be the problem-solvers, the hand-raisers, and the game-changers in our locality. We go after our community’s toughest challenges. We develop solutions. And we work with people from all walks of life to turn those solutions into action. It’s not easy, but we don’t ever give up. We focus on more than just a single issue in our community, and we do this by fighting for the health, education and financial stability of every person in our community.
- Our 32 locally funded programs make up the pillars of our focus through health, education and financial stability including, Disaster Cycle Services, Camp Laughalot, Child Advocacy, Family Therapy, Basic Needs Assistance, City Mission’s, Arbuckle Medical Clinic, City Mission’s Men’s Program, City Mission’s Avis Arbor, Head Start and Pre-K, Getting Ahead, Homeownership Center, Financial Capabilities Center, Emergency Caregivers Supplies, Smile for Life, Professional Suiting, Dating Violence Prevention, Shelter Counseling, Nutrafit, Homework and More, Staff Support, Counseling Services, Crossing Pointe, Family Shelter, Victims of Domestic Violence, Drug and Alcohol, Mortgage Foreclosure Representation, Supported Employment, School to Work, Family Support and Information Centers, Washington Health System’s Teen Outreach ECHO Program, Washington Health System’s Teen Outreach POWER Program, Washington Health System’s Peer Education Program.
- When you support the United Way, you support these programs and approximately 23.6% of the population Washington County. We thank you for your consideration and support,The United Way of Washington County
Primary Revenue Sources
Annual United Way Campaign
Primary Fundraising Event
Campaign Kickoff Golf Outing
|Federal Tax ID||25-6070133|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.nccs.urban.org.