Donate to a Local Charity
Washington City Mission
The City Mission exists to share Christ, to shelter, to heal and to restore the homeless to independent living without discrimination. Our life transforming rehabilitative programming effects lasting change and empowers the homeless to be productive members of society.
Programs and Services
- McCausland Men's Shelter - Serves 94 men from all walks of life. The men that enter our doors have the ability to stay in our program for emergency shelter or our Life Recovery Program.
- Avis Arbor Women's Shelter - The 14 bed shelter serves women and addresses their needs from abuse, addiction, and mental health to physical disabilities. Our goal is to help each woman become independent.
- Avis Arbor Women with Children Shelter - The newly renovated shelter will open in June 2018 and will serve 12 families in their time of need. The shelter will provide child care so that the mothers can reach their full potential.
- Patriot House - This new, 22-bed, Veteran only residence will open in May 2018. Research shows that veterans recover best when they are together. Our goal is to help those who put their lives on the line to heal in a safe and comfortable environment. They serves us, not let's serve them.
- Samaritan Care-food and clothing assistance to low income individuals and families in the community. Permanent Supportive Housing-HUD-funded, independent housing and case-management to 18 formerly homeless individuals with disabilities. WeCare Street Outreach-Free medical care, food, and other vital resources on a bi-weekly basis to the street homeless. Medical Clinic - provides acute medical care and bridges primary care services for City Mission residents and community clients.
Primary Revenue Sources
Individuals, Corporations, Estates, Foundations
Primary Fundraising Event
Sweet Sunday Dessert Festival
|Federal Tax ID||25-1051749|
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.