Donate to a Local Charity
Washington County Gay Straight Alliance
Washington County Gay Straight Alliance, Inc. is dedicated to affirming acceptance between diverse groups of people, raising awareness in our community of the needs of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Questioning, Queer, Asexual, and Allied (LGBTQA) people through support, education, and community outreach on the issues of diversity. WCGSA, Inc. provides a safe, confidential environment for individuals of Washington County and the surrounding areas regardless of sex, race, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
Programs and Services
- Provides a facilitated peer group for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Questioning, Queer, Asexual, and Allied (LGBTQA) youth aged 13-20 since 2005. Also provides social opportunities such as tickets and transportation to the Pittsburgh Pride Prom at the Warhol and other performances.
- Provides access to Wellness Resources for the LGBTQA community and partners with agencies that provide professional medical and psychological expertise since 2005 to include domestic violence and bullying awareness, suicide prevention, coping education, and health & wellness. This programming is growing as needs are assessed in the community.
- Provides Education/Advocacy for the LGBTQA community by sponsoring and/or partnering with like-minded organizations to promote education, understanding, and acceptance of LGBTQA people in Washington County and beyond. Example: Worked with the Washington County Bar Association to create the Name Change Referral Initiative.
- WCGSA, Inc. addresses the isolation felt by the LGBTQA community by developing and/or promoting Social Opportunities that are inclusive to a wide range of ages and interest groups to promote social and emotional health and acceptance in our community to include sponsoring concerts by the Pittsburgh Renaissance City Choir, Gay Men's Chorus of Washington, D.C., 2nd Friday Nights monthly potluck, Trans Peer Group, Seniors Group, and other inclusive social gatherings.
- Created and sponsored Transgender Day of Remembrance Candlelight Walk held yearly since 2013. We hold the pre-walk program at First Presbyterian Church, 1793, an allied church supportive of our Mission. This is a national memorial day that we will continue in the future to raise awareness of violence against the Transgender Community.
Primary Revenue Sources
Donations, Patrons, Sponsors, Ticket Sales, Raffles
Primary Fundraising Event
Annual concert performed by the Pittsburgh Renaissance City Choir
|Federal Tax ID||46-0951929|
|Name:||Kathleen M. Cameron|
|Address:||59 East Strawberry Avenue|
Washington, PA 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.