Donate to a Local Charity
Washington-Greene County Blind Association
To aide and assist the blind; promote training, employment, education and rehabilitation of the blind; to supervise, standardize and market blind-made products; and to prevent unnecessary blindness
Programs and Services
- SPECIALIZED SERVICES: Support Groups; Transportation; Life Skills Education; Case Management; and Advocacy in assisting individuals to affect change in their person lives.
- PREVENTION OF BLINDNESS/EDUCATION: Eye screenings are done by an on-staff RN offered in varied locations. An Eye Safety/Blindness Awareness Program is offered to all of the 4th grades in Washington and Greene Counties.
- LOW COST OPTICAL DEPARTMENT: Eyeware is offered at cost to individuals who meet the low income requirements of the program. A current eyeglass prescription is required.
- CHILDREN'S VISION PROGRAM: Financial help and transportation is awarded to low income families for the visually impaired/blind child.
- RICHARD ROBINSON MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP: A $1000.00 scholarship is awarded annually who is planning to further their education and is blind/legally impaired; or be a family member of a blind, legally blind or visually impaired person, or be pursuing a career working with disabled individuals.
Primary Revenue Sources
Primary Fundraising Event
|Federal Tax ID||25-0965456|
|Address:||566 East Maiden Street|
Washington, PA 15301
This website contains an organizational snapshot, as well as links and contact information, for each of our participating charities. We have also included the tax identification number for each charity so Donors wishing to review more detailed financial and governance information may access the Form 990 for that charity via www.charitynavigator.org.