Women of Philanthropy Giving Circle
The mission of the Women of Philanthropy Giving Circle is to promote and facilitate local philanthropy in a coordinated and strategic manner to improve the quality of life in Washington County with a particular emphasis on supporting disadvantaged women and children.
Annual membership is open to all individuals (women and men) wishing to further the mission and goals of the Women of Philanthropy Giving Circle.
Members may choose one of the following membership levels:
- Voting Member, Rose Level - annual financial support of at least $3,000 per year
- Voting Member, Leadership Level - annual financial support of at least $1,500 per year
- Voting Member, Sustaining Level - annual financial support of at least $500 per year
- Non-Voting Member - annual financial support at any level
Members may either make a personal contribution or “raise” their annual dues through existing WCCF activities and raffles.
- To build the Mother’s Fund endowment to enable more grants to be awarded in support of disadvantaged women and children
educate the membership and others about the unique needs of
disadvantaged women and children and the charities providing services
for this population
- To promote and facilitate local philanthropy, particularly by women
- To educate the membership and others about philanthropy and the many charities providing services to improve our quality of life
Of the annual amounts received through dues:
- 25% will be deposited into the Mother’s Fund endowment
- 25% will be used for immediate grant-making from the Mother’s Fund as recommended by the voting membership and approved by the Board
- 40% will be used for immediate grant-making for other quality of life issues in Washington County as recommended by the voting membership and approved by the Board
- 10% will be used for administration of the Women of Philanthropy Giving Circle and to host an annual membership luncheon for grants distribution
Other Benefits of Membership
- Quarterly Caring Matters eNewsletter filled with relevant facts and inspiring stories (mailed to those who wish it mailed)
- Complimentary reservation to annual membership luncheon
Please contact us at (724) 222-6330 or email us with any questions.
To become a member of the Women of Philanthropy Giving Circle please mail the membership form, along with your contribution, to:
The Washington County Community Foundation
1253 Route 519
PO Box 308
Eighty Four, PA 15330.
Mother's Fund Fiscal Sponsor: