Black Family Scholarship Fund
Black Family Scholarship Fund for Avella High School or West Greene High School Graduating Seniors
Normally, two $1,000 scholarships are awarded each year, one to an Avella High School student and one to a West Greene High School student.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior from Avella High School or West Greene High School, or a nontraditional student living in the areas served by these schools districts.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to complete chosen post-secondary course of study.
- Applicant must be planning to attend a post-secondary school of education, with a preference for students majoring in agriculture, education or nursing.
- Applicant must provide high school transcript and have maintained at least a 3.5 grade point average since the ninth grade.
- Applicant must provide an ACT or SAT test score (official or unofficial), if not included on the applicant's transcript.*
- Applicant must provide an essay of no more than 500 words regarding past accomplishments and future goals.
- Applicant must provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) student aid report.
- Applicant may provide two letters of recommendation (no relatives please).
- Applicant must complete the online application as provided and mail the application confirmation along with one hard copy of all required documentation to the WCCF.
Complete application must be received by the Foundation by April 1.
Scholarship will be awarded in the spring.
Questions regarding post-secondary scholarships or the application process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Provided test was taken during pandemic year.