Burgettstown Lions Club Scholarship Fund Manuel "Mud" Garcia Community Service Award
Burgettstown Lions Club Scholarship Fund Manuel "Mud" Garcia Community Service Award for Burgettstown High School Graduating Seniors
Normally, one $250 scholarship is awarded each year.
- Applicant must be a current year graduating senior from Burgettstown High School.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to complete chosen post-secondary course of study.
- Applicant must be planning to attend a post-secondary school of education for the fall after graduation. There is no requirement as to the type of school or years of study.
- Applicant must provide high school transcript and have maintained at least a 2.0 grade point average since the ninth grade.
- Applicant must provide an ACT or SAT test score (official or unofficial), if it is not included on the applicant's transcript.*
- Applicant must provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) student aid report.
- Applicant must provide an essay of no more than 500 words describing the personal experiences that have helped the applicant to understand the concept of community service and the words the applicant would use to encourage younger students to become actively involved in the community.
- Applicant may provide two letters of recommendation (no relatives please).
- Applicant must complete the online application as provided and mail the application confirmation along with one hard copy of all required documentation to the WCCF.
Complete application must be received by the Foundation by April 1.
Scholarship will be awarded in the spring.
Questions regarding post-secondary scholarships or the application process should be directed to email@example.com.
*Provided test was taken during pandemic year.