Curtis Wachter Scholarship
Curtis Wachter Scholarship in Photojournalism / Photography
Curtis Wachter was a photographer for the Observer Publishing Company.
Normally, one $1,000 scholarship is awarded each year.
- Applicant must be high school seniors through second-year students in college/art school.
- Applicant must be a resident of Washington County for the past 2 years.
- Applicant must be planning to attend a college or art school to study photojournalism or photography as the major course of study.
- Applicant must provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) student aid report.
- Applicant must provide high school or college transcript.
- Applicant must provide an ACT or SAT test score (official or unofficial), if it is not included on the applicant's transcript.*
- Applicant must provide an essay of no more than 500 words regarding past accomplishments and future goals in photography or photojournalism.
- Applicant may provide two letters of recommendation (no relatives please).
- Applicant must provide a portfolio of 10 images of your photographic works. Images may vary in size and consist of prints or slides in black and white and/or color. Portfolios will not be returned. The portfolio evaluation will receive greater emphasis than grades in the selection process.
- Applicant must complete the online application as provided and mail the application confirmation along with one hard copy of all required documentation to the WCCF.
Complete application must be received by the Foundation by April 1.
Scholarship will be awarded in the spring.
Questions regarding post-secondary scholarships or the application process should be directed to email@example.com.
*Provided test was taken during pandemic year.