Cynthia McCuen Scholarship Fund
Read the story behind the fund.
Cynthia McCuen Scholarship Fund for Graduating Seniors in the McGuffey School District
Normally a $1,000 scholarship is awarded each year.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior of McGuffey High School, or any graduating high school senior whose primary residence is within the boundaries of the McGuffey School District, who is pursuing post-secondary education in the field of medicine.
- Applicant must demonstrate an aptitude to complete either a Bachelor level degree program or an educational program at other accredited post-secondary institutions of higher learning, who are not receiving substantial government or school aid, and who are not normally selected for other scholarships.
- Applicant must acknowledge other scholarships he or she has received or for which he or she has applied.
- Applicant must provide high school transcript.
- Applicant must provide an ACT or SAT test score (official or unofficial), if it is not included on the applicant's transcript.*
- Applicant must provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) student aid report.
- Applicant must provide an essay of no more than 500 words detailing future goals and explaining how personal experiences and education will help you to achieve these goals.
- Applicant may provide two letters of recommendation (no relatives please).
- Applicant must complete the online application as provided and mail the application confirmation along with one hard copy of all required documentation to the WCCF.
Complete application must be received by the Foundation by April 1.
Scholarship will be awarded in the spring.
Questions regarding post-secondary scholarships or the application process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Provided test was taken during pandemic year.