EQT Scholarship Fund
EQT Scholarship Fund
Normally, one scholarship of up to $72,000 will be awarded annually to one student (distributed over a four-year period, up to $18,000 per year).
Normally, a one-time scholarship of $1,000 will be awarded annually to five students.
- Applicant must be a current year graduating Washington County high school senior.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to complete chosen post-secondary course of study.
- Applicant must be planning to attend a post-secondary institution of higher learning pursuing an associate's degree or bachelor's degree in a field that is utilized in the energy industry (e.g., computer science or information technology; civil, chemical, or petroleum engineering; energy or land management; environmental science; geology, safety science; or welding). There is no requirement as to the location of the school.
- Applicant must demonstrate excellence in the following areas: academic performance, community involvement, entrepreneurship, extra-curricular activities, and leadership.
- Applicant must provide high school transcript and have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- Applicant must provide an ACT or SAT test score (official or unofficial).
- Applicant must provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) student aid report.
- Applicant must provide an essay of no more than 500 words in response to the following questions: “Why did you choose to pursue a field recognized by this scholarship and how do you plan to contribute to the industry?”
- Applicant must provide one letter of recommendation (no relatives please).
- Applicant must complete the online application as provided and mail the application receipt along with hard copies of all required documentation to the WCCF.
Complete application must be received by the Foundation by April 1.*
Scholarship will be awarded in the spring.
*UPDATE: In light of the recent school closures affecting Washington County, the Community Foundation will be waiving its requirements for the following supporting documentation: transcripts, letters of recommendation, and hard copies of SAT/ACT scores. However, students who are able to provide this documentation by the April 1 deadline are encouraged to do so.
Questions regarding post-secondary scholarships or the application process should be directed to email@example.com.