EQT Scholarship Fund
EQT Scholarship Fund
Normally, one scholarship of up to $72,000 will be awarded annually to one student (distributed over a four-year period, up to $18,000 per year).
Normally, a one-time scholarship of $1,000 will be awarded annually to five students.
- Applicant must be a current year graduating Washington County high school senior.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to complete chosen post-secondary course of study.
- Applicant must be planning to attend a post-secondary institution of higher learning pursuing an associate's degree or bachelor's degree in a field that is utilized in the fossil fuels industry (e.g., computer science or information technology; civil, chemical, or petroleum engineering; energy or land management; environmental science; geology, safety science; or welding). There is no requirement as to the location of the school.
- Applicant must demonstrate excellence in the following areas: academic performance, community involvement, entrepreneurship, extra-curricular activities, and leadership.
- Applicant must provide high school transcript and have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- Applicant must provide an ACT or SAT test score (official or unofficial), if it is not included on the applicant's transcript.*
- Applicant must provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) student aid report.
- Applicant must provide an essay of no more than 500 words in response to the following questions: “Why did you choose to pursue a field recognized by this scholarship and how do you plan to contribute to the industry?”
- Applicant must provide one letter of recommendation (no relatives please).
- Applicant must complete the online application as provided and mail the application confirmation along with one hard copy of all required documentation to the WCCF.
Complete application must be received by the Foundation by April 1.
Scholarship will be awarded in the spring.
Questions regarding post-secondary scholarships or the application process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Provided test was taken during pandemic year.