George and Mary Matijevich Scholarship Fund
George and Mary Matijevich Scholarship Fund for Graduating Seniors of Burgettstown High School, Avella Area High School, or Fort Cherry High School. Preference given to Certificate, Trade or Technical School applicants.
A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior of Burgettstown High School, Avella Area High School, or Fort Cherry High School who is pursuing post-secondary education in the fields of electronics, mechanics, mechatronics, machine tool technology, or other related field.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must demonstrate ability to complete chosen post-secondary course of study.
- Applicant must provide high school transcript.
- Applicant must provide an ACT or SAT test score (official or unofficial), if it is not included on the applicant's transcript.* Required if attending a college or university.
- Applicant must provide test scores as required if attending a trade school or certificate program.
- Applicant must provide a copy of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) student aid report. (Only four-year school applicants)
- Applicant must provide an essay of no more than 500 words detailing future goals and explaining how personal experiences and education will help you to achieve these goals. (Only four-year school applicants)
- Applicant may provide two letters of recommendation (no relatives please). (Only four-year school applicants)
- Applicant must complete the online application as provided and mail the application confirmation along with one hard copy of all required documentation to the WCCF.
Complete application must be received by the Foundation by April 1.
Scholarship will be awarded in the spring.
Questions regarding post-secondary scholarships or the application process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Provided test was taken during pandemic year.